Braid-Out vs Twist-Out on 4C Natural Hair
Although I have been natural for over 3 years now, I have only ‘mastered’ the braid-out/twist-out on my hair in the last few months. So, I thought I would share with you the pros I have found of doing each style.
Pros of the braid-out:
- Stretches the hair more
- Can use larger sections when installing than a twist out
- Requires less separation to achieve more volume
Pros of the twist-out:
- Easier to install and unravel than a braid
- Keeps the hair more clumped together, so less tangled
- Definition lasts (slightly) longer
I like both styles, and which one I do typically comes down to whether I feel like braiding or twisting that particular day. Let me know which you guys prefer on your hair!